Sunday, February 17, 2008

I can think of a reason! Your broke ass can't manage your bank account!

Today we took All My Children out for Dim Sum at Wei Hong, which is a restaurant that was once a movie theater. Great atmosphere, delicious food, a bit of a language barrier, but I love the challenge.

After our incredible meal, we headed to the Olive Farmer's Market, which is a store that carries Asian goods. I stayed in the car with The Stinkies while Matt and Boo went inside to buy butt loads of her beloved Pocky.

Matt came out to the car, laughing, and said, "You should see the sign they have on the door and the cash registers. It says, "Due to some reason, we are no longer accepting personal checks. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I told him to hop out and go take a picture.

It got a bit cut off, but you get the idea.

Don't you just love stumbling on stuff like this?

6 comments:

Nobody said...

Is that the place in UCity near the Goodwill?! I have SEEN that restaurant and have wondered?! There are always a buttload of people shuffling in and out of there!

Guess we'll try it...

Mutha Mae said...

Eve- you have to go there one weekend for Dim Sum, but check out their menu. It's pages and pages long. Wei Hong is my personal fav for Dim Sum because of the atmosphere and great food. But I also like Wonton King. Wonton King is so much smaller in space, so you have to get there at 11am on the dot for Dim Sum or you might not get a table. Most people I know enjoy Lulus, but I was kind of eh about the place. To me, Wei Hong works for our larger family set up. Big tables, lots of space, and the kids can be noisy. Let me know if you check it out and what you think!

Ashley said...

Mae, I have to ask, what is Pocky?

Mutha Mae said...

Pocky is a snack made popular in Japan, but now popular in China as well. It's a sweet cookie stick covered in icing in flavors like chocolate, dark chocolate, honey, strawberry, and green tea. Boo loves them! They are about 2 dollars for a small box here in the US. We pick up a few boxes each time we are at the Asian market. They're very tasty!

Andria said...

Snort- now, that's funny!
I have a love-hate relationship with long menus. I have more variety, but darnit, can't choose in under 10 minutes!

Becki said...

Very nice. I love signs and stuff like that :)
There's a bar we drive by sometimes that says 'Your being watched' by the back door. Cracks me up every time.