Monday, November 19, 2007

Mutha Honors

Check it owwwwwt. Who has the 41st most linked blog on You Tube in the How To category?





Yes, I'm celebrating the fact that I'm number 41. Look, the only people who really give a toss about my show are my friends and the loyal lovelies who read this blog. The fact that I made it to 41 is nothing short of a miracle. Help me celebrate by doing the woman failing miserably in her attempt to create a mommy show dance.

I can see clearly now that the road to a career in television is going to be a bumpy one.

What I cannot see clearly is... pretty much anything. How blind am I? I cannot function without my glasses. Got them at age 12, have hated them since. Even my beloved Chanel glasses and sunglasses with the bling. Considering I'm willing to give up my Chanel prescription glasses, that tells you how badly I want this whole Lasik thing. I'm seeing an eye guy on Weds to see if it's possible. I'm so psyched, I can barely function. After all I've been through, you think a little laser to the eyeballs frightens me?

Today I'm meeting my friend, mother of Boo's best friend, and various members of my fam to hear that soup song performed live at the Boo school. Finally. Maybe the ear worm soup song will now DIE DIE DIE! I'm bringing All My Children, so I hope I can actually watch the play. It's smack dab in the middle of nap time, so I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling I'll be the mom in the hallway calming down two screaming me-me's.

I was asked to video tape and have passed along the duty to the husband. I have a feeling that will be my room mother duty from here to eternity. I'm not crafty, I don't bake, I can't come up with games. Might as well be Video Mom. I'm obviously good at being Video Mom.

I'm #41 in my category on You Tube, dontcha know.






6 comments:

Louanne said...

Yo MUTHA! I love to scrapbook and was in total denial of making Christmas cards until I watched this. I made all of Nadia's annoucements before we left for China so that all we would have to do was add the wording and the photo. So I wasn't goign to do Christmas, but now I am all inspired.

Louanne

Anonymous said...

LASIK is great. LASIK is wonderful. Even though mine wasn't "perfect", it was still wonderful. After 20-600 vision, 20-50 is Da Bomb...It's so nice to be able to see the clock from across the room...or recognize people without having to squint to the point where your eyeballs are itty bitty slits in a bunched up face...or just not having to wear glasses that are--even though "thin" plastic--heavy enough that you get sores behind your ears. Do it. You will never look back!

playswithyarn said...

you may be #41 on you tube, but you will always be my #1.

Mutha Mae said...

Louanne- so glad I inspired you!

Omega Mom- I cannot WAIT to hear if I qualify for Lasik. I worry I'm too blind. I almost typed blond.

K- Aww, I'm touched. And a bit shocked, considering you've seen my naked tush. I'm shocked you didn't run screaming from the hospital room, never to return to my life again.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Who cares if you only hit 41...I love the shows!!! I watch them during nap time so I can enjoy them in peace and quiet!! Please post what you find out about the Lasix! I'm dying to have it done, too!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Monica

Unknown said...

If you get to have LASIK I will be even more jealous! I've had glasses from the age of 11. 18 years of framed goodness. It's only taken me 17 years to get sick of them though. I used to love wearing glasses.

By the way - I love your show. If I had a blog I'd so link it!