Sunday, August 5, 2007

Love To Daddy

I'm rollin over here, folks.

I was just reading my wish booklet from Juna's shower. Tara had everyone write down their wishes for us, their congrats, or advice.

My friends wrote such lovely things like- keeping doing what you're doing, you're doing great. Or, your family is so beautiful, congrats. Things like that.

I get halfway through the wish booklet and I see this:

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE SOME LOVE FOR DADDY!

All in caps. Not signed.

Does that mean what I think it means?

Because I know what kind of love daddy wants.

And I think that's what kind of love the person who wrote this meant.

And I think, I THINK, that Tara's Mom wrote it!!

If so, that's freakin hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. You're right with your guess. My mom said the most important thing she learned over all the years as a mother was not to put her husband in second place or make him an afterthought, because when your kids are grown and away, you will still want a great marriage. It's easy for the husbands to feel like they are not your priority anymore- even when they are great dads like Matt and Jonathon, they want to be loved for more than "just" being a dad. She always tells me about the importance of date nights and all that (and she watched Bailey overnight for us once and YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WAS FOR). So that's my mom's thoughts for you- so I think she meant it funny but also meant it seriously if you KWIM.